This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data.
This privacy notice was last amended in May 2018 and supersedes any earlier version. We may change this privacy notice from time to time by amending this page.
What Type Of Information Will We Collect From You?
We will collect and process the minimum amount of personal data in order to fulfil our service to you in assisting you with your property search and/or the marketing and subsequent sale or let of your property. This information will be:
- Name and contact details (including your telephone number, email address and postal address)
- Usage information about your visits to our website (which enable our website to remember information about you and your preferences) and use of our site. We may automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above
- Information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act
- Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations
- Your banking details where required such as where you are letting a property or, where renting, to set up an approved tenancy deposit account for you and arrange for rental payments
- Details about your areas of interest where we wish to send you marketing information about similar products and services
- Your communications with us, including a record of any email correspondence between us and/or a call recording of your initial enquiry via either Rightmove, Zoopla or On the Market.
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. In this event we will notify you.
On What Basis Can We Process Your Information?
The legal grounds under the General Data Protection Regulations for processing your personal data are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, for us to provide you with our products and services.
- You have given us explicit consent to the processing of your personal data namely to receive electronic marketing by us. You do not need to provide us with marketing consent in order to receive our services.
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests include processing necessary data to improve and to promote our services and products and to better understand our customers’ interests and knowledge of the property market and to administer the technical aspects of our service and products.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation; or in rare circumstances:
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests); and/or
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
How You Can Access And Update Your Information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to Emily Kisten at email@example.com or by post to our Head Office premises at 13 Oakmount Road, Chandlers Ford SO53 2LG. We will respond to any such request within one calendar month, subject to us receiving satisfactory identification. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
How You Can Request Erasure Of Your Data
You can ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where you have withdrawn consent for us to process it (as explained below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
How You Can Withdraw Your Consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so you can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting Emily Kisten at Rocket Homes Estate Agents, 13 Oakmount Road, Chandlers Ford SO53 2LG or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org