Furnished or Unfurnished? 

Around 95% of rental properties are offered as unfurnished. This means properties will be offered with curtains, carpets and a cooker only and you will need to provide your own furniture, kitchen utensils etc.  However if you are looking for furnished property please contact us as we can usually help.

How much money will I need? 

Once you have found a suitable property you will be asked to put down a holding deposit. Once we have received this we will stop offering the property for rent elsewhere and will take up references with an independent referencing agency. When you are ready to sign the Tenancy Agreement (usually the date you move in) we will ask you for a dilapidations deposit to cover any damages/cleaning that may be required when you move out. The dilapidations deposit is an amount equal to 5 weeks rent and you will also be required to pay first months rent in advance, so it is best to budget on having two-and-a-half months rent (ish) available to move in.

Is my deposit safe?

Providing you leave the property in the same condition as when you moved in you will get your deposit back in full no later than 14 days from the end of the Tenancy.  In exceptional circumstances we may retain all or part of the deposit to put right any damage or cleaning should it be required.  We aim to be fair and reasonable and will always discuss the matter with you, however if there is disagreement you have the right for the matter to be referred to the Tenancy Dispute Service who will adjudicate independently.

Lovett Residential is a SAFEagent. Registration number S2934. SAFE - Safe Agent Fully Endorsed - is a mark denoting firms that protect landlords and tenants money through a client money protection scheme. Full details of the scope of the scheme can be obtained from the scheme operator. For more information on SAFEagent visit 

Can I leave early? 

The tenant is legally responsible for the rent for the full term of the tenancy, which is usually 6 or 12 months.  However if special circumstances mean you have to leave the property early we will always try to find another tenant as soon as possible, however you will still remain responsible for the rent until the new tenant takes over.  

Who pays for gas, electricity etc?

All utilities such as gas, electricity, water, telephone and council tax are the tenant’s responsibility. When you move into the property we will provide you with a list of useful numbers to help you get set up with the relevant providers.

How do I pay my rent? 

When you sign the Tenancy Agreement we will also ask you to complete a Standing Order form authorising your bank to pay your rent to us monthly on the appropriate date.  This is by far the simplest way of paying your rent regularly without payments being missed through forgetfulness.

 These FAQ’s are the most common questions we receive from tenants but we appreciate there could be many more!  If you need more answers please contact

"I have always found Lovetts to be very responsive to any concerns I have. The monthly statement and my rent are always produced on time and they send out an annual statement for tax purposes which is invaluable. Of the 4 letting agents I have used over the past 10 years Lovetts are by far the best!"
Ros George