Fri 24 Jun 2016
Our Sales Manager David Hawkes shares his best advice for those vendors looking to sell their homes. This month it’s all about preparing your property for the market…..
1. Are your double-glazed sealed units blown? Condensation between glass panes can give the impression full replacement UPVC windows are required. HOWEVER…only the glass unit needs replacing - and it’s much cheaper than you think!
2. Finish small DIY jobs. All untidy little things add up, and tend to give the overall feel of lots of work required – which can sometimes lead to lower offers being submitted!
3. De-clutter - especially kitchens and bathrooms! Maximising the amount of kitchen work surface visible makes the space feel much bigger - so hideaway that sandwich toaster that hasn’t been used for a year! Bathroom - tidy away as many bottles of shampoo, shower gel and baby toys as possible. If any black mould is present, remove and re-seal mastic around the bath/shower and re-grout any discoloured grouting. Mouldy and discoloured grouting makes bathrooms look dated. Re sealing/grouting is inexpensive, but has a big impact!
4. Kerb appeal - cut the grass, de-weed the borders and patio. It costs nothing but transforms the outside space. Pressure washing the patio can make it look like new!
5. Try to de-personalise your property – especially if you have pets. Buyers don’t want to see dog bowls or cat hairs all over the place. They need to see the whole space as clear and tidy as possible to get the best feeling of size. Consider removing artwork and ornaments for viewings too.
If you try to implement some of these prior to photo's and viewings, you'll be well on your way to a much better listing!
"I would like to thank you and your team for your help during the selling process. At the outset you were able to explain the procedure and point me in the right direction with regard to Solicitors and sorting out the EPC. I felt that the quality of the sales particulars were first class and I have no doubt that they played a big part in securing a sale. Your calm and professional attitude meant that I had no concerns even on moving day when things could have gone wrong with a technical issue at my purchasers Solicitors. The price for all of this was very competitive with no compromise in service. Certainly I would use Lovett Sales and Lettings again and I would recommend to friends and family in the future"